Editing Footnotes

 Dear SysOp: Why is it that, no matter what the settings of the FootnoteFormat
FM command, and no matter how radically I change those settings (e.g. for SiZe,
RightMargin, etc.), when I open the EditFootnote window (a so-called "Command
Window") with func EF, those footnote formats are NOT reflected in the footnote
window in Draft (WG) mode! This is driving me bananas. In other words, with a
small systemwide default font size of e.g. 7PT and OF=10DI,10DI and PW=85DI,
every line stretches waaaay out of sight past the right edge of the 80-column
screen. (Its pretty obvious what's going on: Instead of obeying the FM
command, or even conforming to the prevailing formats in the mother document,
the bloody footnote is obeying only system defaults! While this may be
perfectly logical -- what else is a fresh window supposed to do? -- it is
obviously INSANE from the standpoint of user-convenience; the purpose here
being to write and edit easily. When you change the format of the footnote,
the change ought to be visible! I.e., not to have to toggle into XP mode every
time you want to edit footnote text!).

 I want to make simple changes to the format(s) of the document that I'm
working on, one for screen editing and another simple change for printing. In
other words,

  For screen editing:

  For printing:

 Can you help me with this? I do NOT want to tinker with global variables
(systemwide defaults) because that screws up the other eight screens and it
means I have to embed local variables in every document just so I can play with
system defaults to look at footnotes in one document! NOT what the designers
had in mind! Rather, I just want to change local (document-specific) variables
only.