RE: email choice

Another thing I like about Firefox is that it lets you specify WHERE the
folder that you save your e-mails is. Which means I can put it on e:,
with all my other data files (as opposed to opsys and applications), and
back it up regularly.
Of course, if like most people you operate with everything on C:, this
is a nonissue.
Firefox also lets you specify (in the Tools->Account Settings->Server
settings menu) how often you check for new messages, whether or not and
if so, how long, to leave messages on the server (but I don't know if
all ISPs give you a choice), and other interesting options.
The writing and sending functions are less satisfactory. If you've
written a message and told Ffox to "Send Later" and then want to change
something in it, you apparently have to Edit Message as new, then Send
or Send later that, then delete the earlier version. I find it hard to
believe this is so, but haven't been able to find a way to edit without
deleting. Of course, you can put it in a drafts folder, but often you
think you're finished, then decide to say something else. Word wrap
sometimes gets scrambled with this too, but I need to upgrade to the
latest version and haven't gotten around to it yet.

Patricia M. Godfrey