Re: Stopping USB drives from XY4

Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
One other thing: I don't know if this happens in more advanced versions of Windows, but in 98 if one boots the PC with a flash drive plugged it, it will usurp the drive letter assignment of the CD,

Of my two machines, when there's a zip cartridge
in the drive at bootup, one budges the 2nd hard
disk partition and everything else up one letter,
the other doesn't. Which suggests it might be
bios-dependent.

And in dos there are further variations ..

If win98se was able to see flash drives on them,
I'd forgive it one or two more of its weaknesses.
John