Re: Re Mystery of the Missing Scrfonts.bin

Hi, Patricia.

I bet you didn't delete SCRFONTS.BIN; it was probably never even there. The
file was some sort of holdover from Signature. At some point (maybe in
1993?) it was officially eliminated from XY4 and not even included in the
installation. It's not necessary, though there may be reference to it in
one of your default or printer files.

If you want more history than my vague recollection can provide, you might
look it up in XySearch. It could be a nice trip down memory lane. I
reckon you'll be swept back into the early 90s. Ah, the salad days of Xy4!

All best,
Carlo

Carlo Caballero
Stanford Humanities Center
424 Santa Teresa St
Stanford, CA 94305 USA

tel. 650-724-8128
CarloC@xxxxxxxx

"'We did not waste the time rehearsing: Ysaÿe saw that he had an
experienced musician to deal with and was eager to have stopped playing
and start discussing the pancakes."	--Ginzburg, "Eugene Ysaÿe"