Re: Stopping USB drives from XY4

As for 2, what immediately occurs to me is the different speeds between USB 1.1 and USB 2. It surely takes longer for a write to be completed on 1.1 than on 2. And if Windows is confused (as it can be, esp if the drive is one spec and the PC the other) about which is involved, it might "think" the write was still in progress when it was finished. (An old PIII, 450 MHZ, with a Zip disk does this all the time: keeps saying the drive is still being written to hours after it was last accessed.)
No, I don't think that's it because it doesn't think the writing is
finished a half hour later.

But I should would like to have this "safely remove hardware" thing work right.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx