RE: Solution to Footnotes wrapping to next page.

> There is no need for further flaming on this trivial issue.
 There
> is a real
> point to think about, however. Many people find it hard to
read
> messages
> with longer than ca. 65 characters per line. A considerate
person,
> rather
> than demand that everyone buy a new email program, will try to
> avoid
> inconveniencing them.

While your conclusion is obviously right (in fact, a considerate
person usually tries to avoid inconveniencing others, don't you
think ), it doesn't always work out the way you want.

I use Microsoft Outlook for my email, and have the choice of
Word 97 or Outlook as my editor. If I use Word, it then uses a
template to format the email, and I have amended this template
to restrict line-length to 65 characters. But one of my clients
(using Netscape) always receives such messages as a single very
long line, whereas my partner (also using Netscape) seesm to get
the correct result. While you can draw your own conclusions
about this particular client's competence (and I agree with
you!), it's not really up to me to spend time setting up
Netscape for this
client. So I have to use Outlook's editor.

BTW, please let me know how this message looks.

Paul Thornett