Re: Thrill-seeking

As a New York City resident for over forty years, I don't like the thrust or
sides taken by "Nathan Thrillkiller" (not very pseudonymous) in his post:

>Recently this exchange took place (edited)

>> For the record, I never said any such thing.
>>
>> -----------
>> Robert Holmgren
>> holmgren@xxxxxxxx
>> -----------
>
>Note that the Mr./Ms. Solla said "as Holmgren WOULD say" (emphasis added
>by me). I have personally observed Mr. Holmgren use the adjective
>alluded to. He explained this usage by referring to his domicile in New
>York City as inducing a lowering of the level of civility in public
>communication. So I don't think the reference was meant literally.

Whatever Holmgren has said or would have said, I think it was more wrong and
less civil for Solla to put it into the list than for Holmgren to have
abided it either way. New York is a cosmopolitan place, but let's not let
this list descend into inappropriate junk.
   Jim.

James Enterline  144 West 95th Street  1 (212) 865-9648 Voice/Fax .
...............  New York NY 10025   jenterli@xxxxxxxx