Re: Saving to Floppy Disk under OS/2

Peter Evans wrote:

>In my limited understanding, the "IDE adaptor" is little (if anything) more
>than something you plug a ribbon cable into; but anyway "IDE" (or ATAPI or
>EIDE or whatever) isn't the same as the floppy. And while I've heard of
>SCSI all sorts of things (even printers), I've never heard of a SCSI FDD.

You've just hurt mine's feelings! Actually many scsi adapters have
them. Lately all manner of riffraff have been blaming them for things
from read time-outs to El Ni¤o but mine works fine -- especially
considering the FDD is seven years old.

If you can afford the relatively meagre upgrade premium, SCSI is the
way to go -- not only faster and more efficient, but a cinch when you
need to add a peripheral: just unterminate, plug in, re-terminate.

Rafe T.
http://www.quicklink.com/~rtenn
raphaelt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx