Re: can't reinstall

At 10:11 PM 5/23/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I recently had to replace my corrupted hard drive and now I'm unable to
>reinstall xywrite on the new one.
-- I have XY4 on diskettes. I have tried installing in DOS: neither
"a:install" nor "a:/install" works....I get a bad command error message.

If you are talking about Xy4 for DOS, there is no magic to the
installation: just the copying of files from the diskettes to the
desired directories on your hard drive. There may be compressed files
that need expanding, that's all. Are the files named things like
EDITOR.EXE and XY4.KBD? If so, just copy 'em over. If they have names
like EDITOR.EX_ --ie with underlines instead of characters, they need
to be uncompressed, and the program needed varies with how they were
compressed.

And, on a simpler level, are you sure the installer isn't named
"setup.exe"?

Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx