Re: ATT etc.

Bill:
  when Opera stalls, did you try changing file>preferences>connections
to instruct Opera to ID itself as MSIE 5.0? (There are also options for
a couple flavors of Mozilla.)

Patricia and Carl (and Jim)--
re: Threading
  No problems here accessing mail on ATT Global from Verizon DSL (and
vice-versa).
  Haven't tried PolarBar for a while, but under OS/2 my main email app
is its predecessor, called PostRoad Mailer. Perhaps its best feature,
which I think is retained in PolarBar, is an integrated previewer. You
can access your server and get a list of inbox messages, mark the obvious
spam messages, and delete them =on the server= without downloading them.
For any questionalble messages, you can call up the first 50 lines from
your POP mailbox =on the server= before deciding wherhter to mark-and-
delete or to download.
  Another nice PostRoad feature: I use XyW to write messages. When
ready to send, I just MErge a file at the top with PostRoad's codes for
fields such as "subject" and "from" (and the latter can be one of my
AOL, Verizon, or Compuserve addresses), then dial ATT and transmit.
Don't know if this also is possible with PolarBar.

btw...
  There was a Windows version of PostRoad available briefly, but before
I grabbed it, the company (Innoval) decided to give up on email clients.
Should anyone ever run across the Win version, I will happily pay its
original retail price of $50. Did a fairly exhaustive search of Web
sites a couple years ago, but didn't turn it up.

  -otis