Re: XyWin on XP

Yes; it was ProComm.  Early DOS version worked fine.  I'm relieved to hear you describe the later windows version's awful complexity -- relieved because I'd thought the problem lay in the dummy using it.  Transmission errors also plagued the program.  I was pleased to quit using it.
        Bob

In a message dated 11/25/2005 7:45:16 PM Central America Standard Ti, jr_fox@xxxxxxxx writes:
> Not CrossTalk, but the name escapes me.  Haven't
> used it for  years.
> Manufacturer  came out with a windows version,
> needlessly  complex, and then Symantec
> acquired the company.

Probably not ProComm either.  Originally strictly a
DOS program for BBS use, the first Win version, for
16-bit Win, (2.0 ?) was actually pretty decent.  Then,
over the next two versions it became hideously
complex.  To the point of unuseability.