Re: XY, Vista, choices [+TAME]

At 01:49 PM 3/8/2008, Paul Lagasse wrote:
I run Xy windowed under XP, and have never noticed a jerky cursor without Tame; interestingly, Tame creates a jerky cursor when I run it (and I do, because there are many times when I benefit from regaining the use of a mouse that highlights text in a useful way, and because I gain the ability to change typeface and window size in draft view, making things easier for my eyes). But the cursor's jerky only when I use the arrows on the editing section of the keyboard; the arrow keys on the number pad behave normally.

Here is an old post from David Thomas:

>I looked into numlock strangeness, anyway.  We knew that XY works best if
>numlock is on prior to starting it. The numlock toggle in Tame did that -
>but only if it could happen before the first program is run. If Tame is
>loaded in config or autoexec .nt, this was possible. If tame is loaded with
>a bat file, it is too late and the numlock toggle in Tame or anywhere else
>will not make it work.
First, I'd experiment by moving Tame.ini from \Samples to \Settings, then edit the file and remove the semicolon in front of ResetNumLock = T. If that fails and you are using a .bat to load TAME, try loading it instead with Autoexec.nt or an equivalent. Let us know, please.
Michael Norman