Re: Email and Xy (2nd version)

®LM5¯®RM65¯

I have used XyWrite for email for years with no problem.

Initially I write my text in Xywrite, and format it for margins, etc, (although I do not expect the
email to maintain other marks)

For sending to anyone with XyWrite, of course the text can be sent with the xywrite formatting
intact and as an attachment.

For sending to others, I simply finish any text in xywrite (with or without the formatting I have
chosen)

In the beginning (circa mid 1980's) I used Compuserve, which was text based anyway, and XyWrite II.
When the internet became more accessible I still used a text based email program (pine, actually).
Then when Web was created eventually switched to Eudora.

The process is quite simple and would be feasable with Carl's multiple press releases as well.

When you have the body of your email in XyWrite:

1.	Load "Email.prn" or the equivalent in Xy4 (I still use 3.53). For the uninitiated, this
strips un-needed and unsendable formatting, and adds CR/LF at the end of each line to format for
margins.

2.	TypeF to a file. (I usually use the suffix ".EML" for this so I can distinguish them
from other text files. For instance this file is saved as "TESTEUD" and will be printed to
a file as "TESTEUD.EML"

3.	Switch to Eudora. I haven't tried this on my laptop with Win95 (no modem) but on this machine am
running Windows 3.11 and it switches instantly.

4.	Do your message thing, put the to, from and subject lines in, then click for attachments. In the
resulting box simply type in the name of the file you just created (TESTEUD.EML).

5. That's it. EXCEPT

6.	BEFORE you do number 4, the options in Eudora should be set to "Put text attachments in body
of message"

I have also handled multiple "sends" of this manner, even varying the text slightly
between sends. (I just retested it on my own account to make sure I'm still doing it corerectly). In
fact, if you use NO foprmatting in your original XyWrite text and double spacve between paragraphs,
you can include the original xywrite file without going through the typef step.

Note that YOU DO NOT SEE THE TEXT in Eudora, but as long as the option (above) is checked, and
Eudora shows the attachment on its lst (below the subject line) it will be inserted as though you
wrote the text into the letter with formatting intact and NOT as an "attachment".

regards
-pjd

N.B.: THIS version is not the same but was sent as in the last paragraph.