Off-topic: FTPeditor for backup

A lot of questions have arisen regarding backup when on the road. There's
always the option of backing up to the web, assuming you have access to an
ISP-supplied home page of your own or some other site you can FTP your
files to.

For those interested in this route, I can recommend a Win program called
FTPeditor, which I've been using successfully for about a year. The
single-user price is $25.

Windows comes with a DOS-based FTP program (try getting a DOS prompt and
entering: FTP--to exit it you need to type BYE). But FTPeditor is better:
it is more user-friendly and allows you to edit what's on the site.

http://www.ftpeditor.com/

It's not self-evident how to set it up to get into the site you want to
upload to, but you only have to do that once. And be advised that cut and
paste has to be done via the Edit menu: control-C and control-V don't seem
to work, at least for my installation.

Uploading and downloading is done by drag-and-drop using Explorer-like
window panes that it puts up.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx