Re: AS Command?

On Tue, 16 Apr 96 13:53:00 PDT, you wrote:

>I could find no trace of AS used in the .DLG file. Does anyone know what AS
>is used for and what it does?

≪AS≫ contains the the contents of the command line for use in XPL
programs. E.g., having assigned the following program to an ALT key:

TF BC se /≪AS≫/
≪IF≪ER≫≫BC String not found≪EX≫
≪EI≫String found≪EX≫

Tells you if the command line contents exists in the open file or not. A
useless but short example. I use ≪AS≫ frequently, for example in a
program to count the number of occurences of a string in the current
file. See p.5-98 (in the XyWrite 3.55 manual) for further details.

--
          _
James Eibisch  ('v')   N : E : T : A : D : E : L : I : C : A