Re: AE* expand*

Fred Weiner wrote:

> I'm looking for help with dedicating Carl's great AE (expand)
> routine to a key in the KBD file. Something basic about how to
> use 'NOJMXH' or like codes, to begin an assignment meant to
> execute a routine, that I'm not understanding. Can't use BX ...
> Q2 as it's not a native command. Not sure where to look to get
> the answer. Is it possible that this routine can not be put on
> a key?

It can. The syntax is verbose, but straight-forward; it requires a call to U2 frame PrsKbdArg. Let's say the command that you want to assign to a key is AE argument. The KBD file assignment would be:

NOXHJM2,.,P,r,s,K,b,d,A,r,g,Q2a,e, ,a,r,g,u,m,e,n,t,NO

CoPy that into your KBD file, and substitute for "a,r,g,u,m,e,n,t," your actual argument.

(Note that that commas after 2-character functions have been deliberately omitted, to conserve
memory; this usage is legal.)

Hope this helps.

--
Carl Distefano