Re: Outlook Express (etc) and the persistent virus

> It seems that when you
>delete a message in Outlook Express, and I presume in Outlook, it just
>deletes reference from the mailbox panel. If you really want to exorcise
>it, you must compact the folder(s). This has finally banished the offending
>messages and their baggage. Compact can be found under the Files\Folders
>menu.

I just found the same for Eudora. Compact the mailboxes first, then delete.

Note: Morris Krok's April 17 message ("Old Fashion") also was infected.

I even found undeleted copies of the ILOVEYOU message. I guess Peter is
right that these can't come back to life. But when you've lost enough hours
and jpg files, as I have, you want to disintegrate the corpses, too.

Regards,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx