Re: ersatz autosave

Dear Carl

Yes, its HTML.REG, not XYWWWEB.REG. The latter is in C:\XY4 as expected. I am using version 117
of XYWWWEB.U2.

I kept a copy of the original XY4.DLG before I modified the file. In order to return to the
original I closed XY4, copied the old version over the one into which I had pasted Ersatz Autosave
and then restarted XY4.

I ran:

and it nabbed {{5$A}}. Its top line reads:

{{5$A}} HTML.PM RJH 5/26/02

Is this a situation where my use of oo is likely to be causing interference? I did try disabling
it (ie issuing ox), apparently to no effect but I may not have been entirely rigorous about testing
this.

As an aside, the reason for my interest in Ersatz Autosave is that I have been experiencing rather
frequent hangs in XY4 and think this may be associated with AOT which I have set to 5-10 minutes.
I thought to test this by using Ersatz instead, with the result we are now discussing. Have you
ever experienced problems with AOT of this type? (I am editing a document with rather a lot of
footnotes. I don't know if that is significant.)

Best wishes

Paul