Re: ersatz autosave

Reply to note from Paul Breeze  Fri, 18
Feb 2005 15:23:11 GMT

Paul:

> Every time I hit key 52 (full point) I receive the message "you
> must create HTML.REG".

Gee, I've never seen that message before. How strange. "HTML.REG",
not "XYWWWEB.REG"?

By the way, does XYWWWEB.REG exist in directory C:\XY4? Surely it
must, since you've been a Jumbo U2 user for some time, if I'm not
mistaken. Please confirm.

> When I returned to my original XY4.DLG, but forgot to remove
> the $A assignment from 52= ... I found that I still received
> the message "You must create C:\XY4\HTML.REG".

By "returned to my original XY4.DLG", do you mean you deleted the
Ersatz Autosave frame from XY4.DLG and then, with XY4.DLG in the
current window, issued LOADHELP to reLOAD it? Please
confirm.

If you've deleted the Ersatz frame from DLG but retained the $A call
in your KBD file, then the persistence of that strange error message
indicates that it is being produced by another DLG frame named $A;
in other words, there is a name clash. That's my working
hypothesis. You can test it for me by issuing this command
(exactly):

NABFRM DG,$A

What happens? Does it take you to a frame in XY4.DLG named $A?
Something like "{{5$A}}" or "{{5,$A}}"? If so, is the frame Ersatz
Autosave or something else? If you're not sure what it is, DeFine
it, issue ENCODE and send the result to me privately.

Curious. Very curious indeed.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx