Re: XY for e-mail

In article <9501231413.AA14635@xxxxxxxx>,
hseaver@xxxxxxxx (harmon seaver) wrote:

|  Except that it probably won't work any better with off-line
readers | because they change the file after the editor is done
with it -- what | happens usually is the header gets corrupted
and the mail won't go | anywhere. I tried doing it several
different ways, a multitude of times. | Probably someone can
find a simple fix, but I couldn't, at least for | Yarn, and Yarn
is so good otherwise that I can live with having to enter | hard
carriage returns manually --- and that's just with some editors,
| BTW, one of which is XY. Other editors use a word wrap which
works just | fine with e-mail, and with Yarn.

No need to enter carriage returns by hand any more. Give the
following program a try.

DX DP DE >DB >>>CD BD
*>XD CD CD DO

Functions are in capital letters and the angle brackets should be
converted to guillemets, with the exception of the greater-than
argument following the if. And the asterisk should be replaced
by . I couldn't figure out how to
represent that and have it survive e-mail. Oh, and the program
should be on one line. That carriage return after BD is just for
sending the program through the mail.

Place your cursor somewhere within an undefined paragraph that
you want to add eols to after each line and run the program. Or
if you assign the program to a key, the cursor is positioned at
the start of the next paragraph when the program is finished, so
you can add eols to successive paragraphs by hitting the assigned
key repeatedly.

Give it a try. I'm using it at my end.

Dan Kanagy     Work: wordwise@xxxxxxxx    Play:
dkanagy@xxxxxxxx