those who pay me for my listserv.
Here is the routine in the language of my XyBasic, which should be
self-evident:

print "From ???@??? Mon Jun 15 20:52:58 1998" cr.lf$ _
"To: " name$ cr.lf$ _
"From: Jean Binswanger " cr.lf$ _
"Subject: Receipt" cr.lf$ _
print "Thank you for your payment of $" amount ". Your new subscription is good until " English.exp.month$ "1, " next.yr "." cr.lf$ cr.lf$
Print "Enjoy the list." cr.lf$ cr.lf$ "Jean Binswanger" cr.lf$
"hblist@xxxxxxxx" cr.lf$ cr.lf$
This (when translated to XPL and run in Xy) produces text that looks like
this (putting in arbitrary content):
 From ???@??? Mon Jun 15 20:52:58 1998
To: John Doe
From: Jean Binswanger
Subject: Receipt
Thank you for your payment of $120. Your new subscription is good until December 1, 2006.

Enjoy the list.

Jean Binswanger
hblist@xxxxxxxx

The program is then saved as RECEIPTS.MBX, and Eudora will queue it and send it. And you can have in the .MBX file as many emails as you like, as long as each one begins with:

 From ???@??? Mon Jun 15 20:52:58 1998
The date and time is arbitrary--Eudora will change it to the current date and time when it sends it.
Actually, at least the three last headers are unnecessary.
I think probably many (any?) email program can handle text in this format, but I know only Eudora. Note: I use an older version of Eudora: 4.3.

Regards,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx