Re: Stopping USB drives from XY4

John wrote:
If win98se was able to see flash drives on them,
I'd forgive it one or two more of its weaknesses.
Well, the one I got runs on 98--even initial release as well as 2d ed. Needs a driver installed, and does have this musical chairs thing with the drive letters, but otherwise OK. Oh, yes: it did have a problem on the initial release box that had an Iomega Zip driver (as opposed to Windows' own ability to see the Zip drive): My Computer didn't see the drive. Device Manager did, and DOS did (which was what mattered, because I could always do XCOPY and DIR from a DOS prompt; and Xy and dBase saw it). I'm pretty sure that was a conflict with Iomega's driver, because when I did a complete reinstall on that box and omitted the ZIP drive, the flash drive worked fine.
It's a Kanguru; it was sold to me as MicroDrive, but then they changed
the name to MiniDrive so they wouldn't have to honor a rebate. If you
can find one (I got mine from Tiger Direct) and are willing to overlook
such chicanery, it should work.

Patricia M. Godfrey