Re: Help with Protection Violation

Jimsulski@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Okay, Chris, you were right. I installed a printer and got past
> "Protection Violation". Thank you.
>
> Now, however, a screen comes up that says "there is not enough
> memory to perform that function".
>
> Suggestions????
>
> Thanks again!

Disclaimer: I have XW 2.12 (the last version of it, AFAIK), but never
liked it at all and never use it.

This has been extensively covered before in the List archives, even if
you did not find those messages. I'm not sure if it is possible to
navigate past all the install "gotchas", from NT-4 to present Win
versions. The consensus was that if all else failed, install the
program into W98 -- somewhere -- and then transfer the resulting
directories and their contents to your W2K / XP. Once this is done,
it was not all that difficult to make a desktop shortcut, tune the
Properties, etc., to get everything up and running. I don't believe
the install puts anything of consequence into the Win Registry, which
turns out to be a critical advantage for XW users under the later
Windose versions.

Jordan