RE Typ

Yes, something is scrambled at our end, and its name is Redmond Rubbish.
Paul, what version of the same are you using? I had the same problem Paul
did (barring the file-not-found rigamarole, which is the old problem of
DOS not being able to "see" c:\program files; Robert's DIRLFN fixes that,
but I had originally installed GSView before that was released so I
installed it under c:\gs.)

I LOADed PostGhost.prn; no problem there. Called a small file (1 K),
typed RUN PAULTEST.FRM at the Command Line and hit CR. Ten tries could
not create the batch file. (Yes, I used the second version Robert sent.)
KMD.EXE is in the path and Robert's test works.

Look, we don't absolutely NEED TYP: Postghost works, even under crummy
Win 9x with a USB printer. But if Robert wants to find out what is
messing up his nice code, I'm willing to test. I've switched my list
status off digest temporarily. Xy2PDf also doesn't work, and generates a
Windows message that "The program has performed an illegal operation."
But there are workarounds for that (not as elegant as Robert's, but...)
and it's not as essential as printing. On the other hand, Robert doesn't
owe us anything (au contraire), so if he wants to just say 9x is rubbish
and not waste his time on it...

Patricia M. Godfrey
PMGodfrey@xxxxxxxx