XyWrite For Windows

After a couple of days of playing around with Xy4Win, I've found a couple of
glitches.

According to the documentation, you can type a value into the Zoom control on
the format bar, and have the display zoom to the value you entered. Well, I
tried that and nothing happens. If I'm at Zoom 100, and type 80 into the box on
the format bar, it stays at 100. Same thing with the Indent Paragraph control
on the format bar. The values in the boxes reflect changes entered through the
menus or on the command line, but typing values in the boxes has no affect.

Second, I tried installing Xy4Win on two computers, and in both setups I
initially asked for only a subset of the import/export filters (I only need to
go to/from word perfect). Installation went OK, but when I tried to Save As
... to Word Perfect or Import Text, I got an error message saying 'Filters not
Installed' (or some such.) I tried to do a 'Modify Existing Setup'
installation, but all the program asked me to do was tell it the filenames I
wanted to add! Thats a silly way of modifying an existing setup: How is the
average user going to know how to add WFW17FT.DLL? I was expecting a dialogue
box offering me choices: new printer, new import/export filters, etc.

Eventually, I reinstalled the whole thing, and had ALL import/export filters
brought in. Now they work fine.

I'd suggest you pass along to Baltimore that the installation option to modify
existing setups is worse than useless.

Steve