Re: XyWrite Development

Carter Campbell has written regarding our policies with respect
to our DOS product. Fortunately I think he is laboring under a
major misapprehension.

At no time did I ever say anything about discontinuing or
abandoning the DOS product. My remarks about Windows were in
the context of the GUI issues embodied in the Windows v. OS/2
debate.

In fact we recently released another interim upgrade of DOS, and
continue to deal with bug fixes and incremental development of
that product. I don't know where Mr. Campbell could have gotten
the impression that we were deserting the product.

I am especially disappointed at his characterization of the DOS
product, however, since a large number of our users have told us
that they find Xy4 to be quite stable overall. I acknowledge
that there are some problems with Orbis, and we have re-written
that module and will shortly be begin a Beta test.

I do not think Xy4 is fragile; if there are particular problems
all I can ask you to do is let us know what they are so we can
look into them. Our hands are somewhat tied on the graphics
filters since they come from Inset, and we have little control
over them. If there is a particular deficiency, we will be
happy to take it up with Inset.

In any event, we have absolutely no plans to discontinue the
product.

Kenneth Frank