KILL/LAWYERS

XY-> Kenneth Frank:

XY-> I am especially pleased to hear that your Law School uses XyWrite because

XY-> of the focuses of this company going forward is on what we call "Intelligent
 -> Document Processing". By that, we mean building the capability into our
 -> products to absorb and apply intelligence or experience about the
 -> relationships between data (or facts) and words, enabling documents to
 -> dynamically draft and redraft themselves to reflect the current state of th
 -> relevant facts affecting the document or documents the user is working on.

That sounds fascinating. I once experimented with putting all
keyboard processing through a program. There was no noticeable
slowdown in 3+, and if I knew as much of string handling as I do
now, it would have really opened up possibilties.

XY-> In fact we have a DOS version of such a system which is marketed under the
 -> name "General Counsel" and we recently released a Trusts and Estates
 -> application authored by two nationally known estate planning experts which
 -> automatically evaluates the efficacy of any number of estate planning
 -> strategies for each client, preparing detailed research memos (10-50 pages)
 -> for the attorney using the system, and also drafts virtually every type of
 -> estate planning document. In the process, the user is led through an
 -> interactive question and answer dialog in which detailed substantive
 -> explanations are available, including citations etc., for every decision th
 -> user is called upon to make.

Small world! Looks as if I've been producing some estate planning
books for competitors of yours.

--Chet
---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx