Re: XYWRITE digest 2970

I don't know if it is still available, but the DOS version of Library
Master works very well with XyWrite, although it is not integrated
the way Ibid is.

Myron
John M. R. Bruner wrote:
At 04:09 AM 8/27/2007, flash wrote:
Y'all,

Does anyone here have experience of End Note or another citation
program?

Didn't XyWrite do it all? (E.G. the command DF, as I recall, would dump all the footnotes to the end of the file instead of their appearing on the current page.)
We're not just talking about (generic) end notes, as opposed to
footnotes. The application End Note, and Ibidem, and others like
them enable one to create a database of references to be cited, and
then cite them just by selecting the one desired. They also enable
one to output the notes or a bibliographical listing in any of
several "styles": e.g., commas or periods between the elements of
the citation (author, title, series/journal title, place, date,
publisher), heading or sentence capitalization of titles, and the
like.
The advantage of that is that if you're an author or an editor and
have done your bibliography in Chicago style, and the publisher
wants another style, you don't have to reformat everything. (It's
also great if--as I too often was--you're editing a Festschrift or
a collection of symposium papers, and each author used a different
style and the publisher wants one uniform style enforced. Of
course, you still have to try to figure out whether the work being
cited is an article in a journal, a chapter in a book, or a
monograph in a series, most authors being clueless about the subtle
way of showing this by one's typography and punctuation.)
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx