Re: Buying new computer - what operating systems will work with Xywrite

Avrom,

My advice is: get a Mac. It'll never ask you for a driver. Once you get
used to the Mac, you won't look back.

For running Xy, install virtual w2k professional (still available at
Amazon through resellers). In my opinion, w2k (= NT5) was the last and
most stable build of a particular series (NT) of Windows OS, before MS
redesigned the OS with all new bugs and all new missing dlls. The 'new'
features in Vista almost bring it up to Mac OS 7.

My virtual w2k immediately recognized the Mac's network card and
printer, and you can share folders between Mac OS X and virtual w2k.

Or see the previous thread on using Parallels in Mac OS X.