Find Command

Has anyone developed a program that will "remember" a found file in a search
across files so that it will not be displayed again in the search? Here is why
I'm asking:

To find a keyword across files in the same subdirectory, I do: n=BC,s,e,
,c,:,*,.,*,/,/,CL enter the keyword, return. That takes me to the first hit.
Sometimes I can determine whether to stop there or go to the Next file. But
sometimes I need to see more of the context and I hit Open, then n=BX,(,s,e,),
which takes me to the keyword in that file.

The time waster comes if I need to continue the search to find the keyword in
additional files. I reinitiate with n=S+, but I have to go through all previous
file hits, choosing Next each time to advance beyond the file(s) that I opened.
Is there a program available that will "remember" the files I've already
searched to?

I'm using XyWrite 4.018. I've looked in the U2 index, but can't find what I need
there, possibly because I'm asking the impossible.

Thanks.

Jim Eberle
jeberle@xxxxxxxx