Re: Buying a Notebook (non-XW)

FWIW, I have gone from XyWin to Word for Windows 6.0 and like it
a lot. I would be glad to go back to XyWin, however, if they get
it to work better.

Matt Clark

On Wed, 8 Feb 1995, James D. Besser wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Feb 1995, Harmon Seaver wrote:
> >  I think any new notebook I bought, I would insist that it
come with
> > Warp preinstalled. But then, I'm an OS/2 bigot. 8-)
> > We noticed! I'm rethinking my entire computer configuration.
I'm looking > at the materials for Xy-Win, but I'm leaning more
towards WP for Windows. > I'm staying away from OS/2 because I'm
tired of dead-end software. I > agree it's a superior product,
but I don't see the applications in the > works, and I don't
think IBM has the market savvy to make it work. Heck, > they
don't even load it on their own machines.
> > I'm reluctant to leave the XyWrite world, where I've been
happy for a > number of years. But I worry that TTG isn't
serious about marketing the > product, or supporting it. I'm
using Xy 4.014/DOS; it has a number of > bugs TTG has
acknowledged, but apparently has no intention of fixing. > There
are a number of functions that simply don't work. I worry that if
I > switch to Xy/Win, I'll be in the same fix. WP, on the other
hand, is > going to keep developing new versions and fixing
problems.
> > For years, I've used niche software--technologically
superior, but weak > on the marketing side. I'm getting tired of
being orphaned by software > manufacturers; hence my decision to
try Windows instead of OS/2, and my > traiterous thoughts about
abandoning XyWrite.