RECLAIMING AL

XY-> Doug Beeson
 -> EDI World Institute

Hi, Doug,

XY->      Oh no! I haven't tried the remap yet. Does it beep on every keystroke?

For attaching the alt keys to another table for purposes of using
a fast text define: yes. I didn't fool around with that aspect
much further.

In the end I decided that the Windows version was different
enough to warrant a different approach; the menu bar, apparently,
is one long XyWrite program. I thought it might be easier to
write a new series of programs and tie them to icons, with the
idea that clicking on an icon is about the same as accessing the
keyboard.

My 3.55 keyboard has evolved over the years, and it won't work in
Windows without a lot of work, so, I thought, why not take
advantage of the interface? It's only a question of time--if I
ever get any.

But my biggest complaint is the sloppy font in the extended views
and the screen artifacts in page view. It doesn't lend to my
sense of security when words begin popping up in new places.

However, aside from defined text, the alt keys may work on a
different table.

--Chet
---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx