Speedo accents

To XyWrite Tech Support-- Is there any way to combine accents and letters to
make characters that are not supported in the XyWrite Speedo character set? The
Bitstream set, unfortunately, is missing a few of the accented characters
needed for East European languages, and it would be handy to be able to
construct them. What's missing: G & g breve, I caron, R & r acute, T & t caron,
and the true D & d, L & l carons. (Speedo supplies only the French D' d' L'
and l'.) Speedo does have all the accents, usually three or four of each, and
they're useless if it's not possible to compose characters.

I've fiddled with the string operators in the HPLJ4.PRN table but with no luck.
There should be a PCL code that makes it possible. Do you know it, and can you
tell me how to enter it in the PRN table? What's needed is an instruction that
lets you enter an accent, move the cursor one character to the left, then enter
a letter without erasing the accent. The ACCENT.SET table allows this, of
course, but only for characters that are present in the Speedo set.

Nota Bene Lingua has the full array of accented characters, but it would be
nice to be able to stay in XyWrite for Windows, which is more flexible.

Thanks in advance for your help. RH