Keyboard ps/2 converter or new computer?

My old Gateway Anykey keyboard, alas, has just died. I've been using it
with a 1992 Gateway computer 2000 running DOS, which is great for
XyWrite.

Recently I purchased an Avant Stellar keyboard for use with my Thinkpad
via port replicator which has PS/2 port for the keyboard. (Thanks,
Robert).

Problem: I'd like to replace the dead Gateway keyboard with another
Avant Stellar. Only problem, I can't figure out how to get a converter
from PS/2 plug on the new keyboard to work with larger, round keyboard
port on my old Gateway.

Would anyone know what the gizmo might be called so I can plug in a new
Avant Stellar? And where I might find one?

Two alternatives come to mind. 1. I could possibly get someone to
install a pS2 port in the old computer (which could die at any given
moment, considering how old it is). 2. I can buy a new desktop (IBM has
a decent-looking basic model). But then there is the old getting Xy up
and running under XP Pro issue.

Anybody care to advise me on the best course of action. The goal is to
have a computer that I can happily do a lot of work, almost exclusively
in Xywrite.

By the way, to those who helped with my last quandary, we bought my
daughter the Mac Powerbook, as Michael Norman suggested. It's fabulous.
She loves it.

Thanks in advance,
Lisa

Lisa Kleinholz