XyDos, graphics, and OS/2

Since the subject of graphics came up, I'd like to chime in with
a question. I've not really used XyDos for graphics but am
thinking about doing so. There are times when it would be useful
to create simple pie charts and bar graphs to accompany the
translations I do.

So, I was pleased to find a chart creation program included with
Warp, and one that is largely adequate for my immediate needs.
The problem is, the charts it creates are in an oddball
proprietary format that
XyDos can't use.

As a work around, I thought of creating charts as printer-ready
files and incorporating them in XyDos. I can create such files with IBM Works
Chart, but I find, no matter what I try, the file created always
occupies a whole page, which means I can't create a chart that
occupies the bottom third of a page, for example. I tried resizing the page in
Chart, but the outcome is always a full-page printer-ready file.
And I tried altering page sizes in the printer object, which
apparently I can't do.

Is there any way I can use IBM Works Chart to create charts I can use in
XyDos? All these proprietary graphic formats are exasperating me.

If not, what software (OS/2 preferred) would you recommend for
creating simple business charts and graphs? I've had Freelance
Graphics recommended. Would you do the same or suggest something
other?

Dan Kanagy     Work: wordwise@xxxxxxxx    Play:
dkanagy@xxxxxxxx
Tokyo, Japan