XyWrite (Con't Cf. Msg# 10338

Well, forget about formatting: let's just print some raw text. How about
trying one of those all-purpose K-frames that prints text from any 8-frame,
using the reserved ListBox word "?fr[FrameName]"? Whoops! The 8-frame or
C-frame to which FrameName refers MUST be located in the DLG file! So, here we
are back with the same problem as $0-$9|$A-$Z: compelling users to mess around
with & modify a file (DLG) that TTG revises frequently, simply because nobody
took the time, or remembered, to implement the basic facility in "our" U#
UserHelp files. Even though TTG itself hardly USES that facility! I mean, if
you're not gonna use "?fr" more than -- let's see -- _four_ times in the whole
system, then how about letting us use it?!

These things were first mentioned over two years ago. Any one of them is a
small matter. Who cares. But add em up, and it's frustrating. Ordinarily,
these mosquitoes would be swatted in an early revision. The keyboard handler,
for instance, with its reserved Windows keystrokes. The lousy OEM fonts (in a
graphical word processor, no less!). (Those aren't such small matters,
either!)

You know what would be great? If just ONCE, in the whole bloody history of
this company, some programmer said, "You know, you're right -- and I'm gonna
fix that thing NOW! It'll be HISTORY, to-night!" Instead of always a bunch of
excuses . . .