INstall

Curiously, my installation problems with XyDos continue. To recap, I've
been trying to install 4.017 on a Gateway Win98 of three years vintage. I
recalled several years ago have installation problems on another Gateway
several years ago until TTG tech support told me to reboot and during the
startup routine, hit F8, select safe mode and install from there. I used
that procedure this time. The program apparently installs, but when you
start it, all you get is either a blank screen (in maximized mode) or a
nearly blank window (with just the "N" for num-lock showing in the corner)
in windows mode. And it appears frozen. The "N" leads me to think that
there might be a display problem and thus an ANSI problem, though I can
make no further sense of it from there. Perhaps the "safe mode" is the
wrong mode and I'll try to re-install from the other modes. Anyone
experience anything remotely like this over the years?

Michael Norman
michael.norman@xxxxxxxx