xxbug

"Where can I get hold of the XXBUG encoding utility?" --Carl
Distefano

Carl: Send a message to lstsrv@xxxxxxxx containing just
the line:
   get xywrite xxbug.scr

"Tim Baehr: Why not format the VA files with XXBUG? I had no trouble using
XXBUG[. ...]" --Nathan Sivin

All: XXBUG creates debug scripts. I don't wish to belabor this,
so will note one last time that when MS DOS debug is executed on
a non-MS system (like mine) it displays a msg stating that debug
requires MS DOS to run. I would assume that PC DOS debug
similarly shuns non-PC DOS systems (like mine).

Neither will my decoder (Richard Marks's popular implementation)
decode xxencoded files on my system. I've wasted a great deal of
time trying to port
XXBUG code to my dos's debug equivalent, and because of Nathan's
erstwhile preference for xxcode yet more time trying to make my
decoder decode it. My decoder reports "nothing to decode" even if
it xxencoded the file itself but decodes uuencoded files
flawlessly.

I don't want to be precluded from reading Carl's binaries, would like to see
Tim's VA files too, and am embarrassed to continually have to ask
Tim to share his binaries with me as AO email attachments, which
he has been kind enough to do in the past. In other venues,
posting the same binary as freestanding files in different
encodings is not uncommon. If XXBUG or XXBUG with an xxencoded
alternative become the xylist exchange standard, I'm shut out.  --

========================== annie fisher  nyc