Re: CLIP.PGM

Reply to note from TBaehr@xxxxxxxx Mon, 1 May 2000 07:20:45 EDT

Tim:

I'm afraid that CLIP.PGM doesn't work under Win NT. First, the path
to Wordpad.exe is different in my system, so I had to change that.
Even when I insert the correct the path, though, XyWrite just
freezes, and that's that. I have to kill it. I can avoid the
freeze by deleting the Start command (just DO WORDPAD.EXE filename),
but nothing happens; Wordpad doesn't start. I tried simplifying the
program to skip the RTF conversion, but that makes no difference.
Any thoughts on what might be causing the freeze?

I have my own little kludge, which works just fine. I simply CoPy
text into a file called PASTE.TXT, which I've set up with its own
Wordpad icon on the Desktop. I click on PASTE.TXT, and there's my
text. To import text into Xy, I do the reverse: paste it into
PASTE.TXT in Wordpad, save it, and open PASTE.TXT in Xy. For moving
raw text in and out of Xy, it's enough.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/