XyWrite/Windows XPL

I'm trying to write a routine for converting styled XyWrite/Windows
files to Quark XPress tags, which requires a long series of search
and replaces. I've done similar routines in XyWrite 3.5x for years.
But the Windows version throws up a "not found - OK" dialog box
whenever a search fails, stopping the routine and defeating the
whole purpose. How do I turn it off? df ep=0 doesn't do it.

Is there better documentation of XPL for Windows than what's
in the Reference Guide anywhere? Did Tyson ever publish his
book, the one he started writing for Signature?

What is the current version of XyWrite/Windows? Not for Win 95,
just for Windows for Workgroups 3.11?

--Chuck Creesy
Princeton University Press
creesy@xxxxxxxx