Re: Off topic: flash drives and DOS diehards

** Reply to message from Patricia M Godfrey  on Mon, 27 Dec
2004 16:23:20 -0500

> But the tech support people are among the most clueless I've ever
> encountered: cannot imagine a system with letters C through I in use, nor
> that unusual drives are often classed as SCSI. (And no, they're not
> "offshored"; pure Middle American.)

You stand a much better chance with Indians -- let's face it. Americans are
dumb -- look at the Nov 2 results. Americans are worried about Ayat-ul'lah
Sistani taking over Iraq, and they just installed a theocracy at home!

Do an "ATTRIB d:\" on your memory key's root dir and see what the status is --
that might be My Computer's problem (Hidden, System, whatever). Remember: to
get the ATTRIB status of a Directory, you cannot use wildcards -- you must name
it narrowly & specifically in your ATTRIB query.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx