Re: Off topic: flash drives and DOS diehards

Robert wrote:
Do an "ATTRIB d:\" on your memory key's root dir and see what the status
is --
that might be My Computer's problem (Hidden, System, whatever).

Thanks, but no go. Removed any R or A attributes, and no S or H showed
up, but it's still not on MyComputer. Still I don't really need it there;
if I do use the GUI (there are SOME things it is more efficient for, much
as I hate to admit it) I'd rather do one click on the desktop to a
shortcut than click MyComputer, then click on a drive icon. I'm just
concerned my friend may panic if she cannot find hers under MyComputer.
I'll compare again with the 98 initial release setup, which went without
a hitch.

Patricia M. Godfrey
PMGodfrey@xxxxxxxx