[no subject]

Patricia M Godfrey wrote
>Some other company claimed to have copyrighted (or possbily patented, I
>forget the details) this technique, and so XyQuest had to modify it. company's claim was without merit.
for Xywrite history buffs, there was a one man company called PDQ I think on lower Bway in lower New York who had threatened to sue  Xywrite shortly before the involvement with IBM. He claimed Xywrite in its use of auto relace was infringing on his software which was either copyrighted or patented.  As I understood it from speaking to technical support at Nota Bene when IBM got into the picture, they looked into the claim by PDQ decided it was a worthless claim and ignored his threats.  Shortly thereafter the pdq company dissappeared.