Cursor denoting Insert mode inTame

I finally got around to installing Michael Norman's nicely tweaked version of Tame 5.1 in my small-screen computers. It worked immediately for my purpose, which is to get a more readable large screen font than the jaggedly angular Lucida Console. (Raster fonts were too small.)

Except:

On one computer (the lovely Fujitsu P1610), now there's only one kind of cursor, a blinking
underscore. It's the same in all the available fonts.
Without Tame, I had a blinking box when using Insert mode and the underscore when not. I'm not
attached to the box--I'd just like something to differentiate the two modes.

On the other (Fujitsu U810) the box/underscore difference still exists. Exact same XY4 installation
(copy-and-paste), same Tame. So I think it's hardware.