Re: FOOTLOOK.PGM

Just read your message but only sort of since the noise is so bad tonight. I
didn't put in the WX because I wanted to write a version that just stopped at
FN1 since most of time that's all I use (or care to search--
I used FN2 for the occasional asterisk note at the beginning or end where I
thank my colleagues, etc.) So with 128 there I don't stop at the running
headers, footers, etc. My impression and I'm pretty sure I tested this is that
searches will infact search outside the footnote window--they won't go there
but they will report success. The other things you mention (if I can read them
right through the noise) were either a) the result of my seeing what I could do
in 10 minutes of XPLing or b) a stylistic matter. b) I think covers what you
say about the first character when going into edit mode. By the way, is there
a way of capturing wildcards from the command line? My stacker does fine with
carriage returns, but it would be nice to make it work with wildcards (not to
mention that now that I am starting to fool with threebyte stuff up there....).
Anyway thanks for the enclsoure, I'm off to look at it.