FOOTLOOK.PGM

David: _re_ FOOTLOOK.PGM, which I finally had time to examine, some comments:

 Why does it issue "es 0"? ES isn't touched! (Why not just let it beep
anyway?)
 I'd stick the comment "Type search string, then hit return" in a PRompt, so
that you don't need to worry about Rubbing out to the End when you read the
CMline as IS00, and so that you can correct(!) the input if required using BD,
RC, CR, CL, etc. -- plus you can dump the SX01 counter
 FOOTLOOK doesn't ensure that user is in formatted mode; doesn't preserve
original mode
 The equivalent of GT12 is issued again at the end; so why repeat it?
 No separators needed on first SEarch
 SV04 should be XC and , not Escape
 I'd replace ≪SV05,`≫ with a function or non_32-127 char (or just re-use
XC/)
 Why not issue a Wild-X as 2nd char of footnote SEarch$? (Get all FN sets 1-3)
 When editing a footnote, FOOTLOOK doesn't *put* the first character struck
before it EXits!
 There's no need to SaVe the text of the footnote to SV92: with a footnote
opened in a window, a direct CMline SEarch for text SV03 only executes within
the footnote! (Also eliminates a LaBel)
 Offer an abort opportunity on SEarch$ input
 Won't accept wildcards or carriage returns (but that requires a whole
different approach to capturing the command line)
 (Preserve pre-existing CMline?)
 v3.54+ only

 Anyway, I incorporated some of these thoughts in the nclosed revision...

*Enclosed File: LOOSHOES.PM