RE: Tilde in Program Files directory; ease of use

Your directory symptoms sound familiar. If you make Program Files your
default directory via File | Manage Files | Directories and mouse-clicking,
and then type "dir" on the command line, do you get an actual listing? If
so, then open Windows Explorer (easiest by WindowsKey-e) and right-click on
the folder icon under C: for Program Files, open its Properties, and then
uncheck the Archive attribute, which causes this behavior. (Or otherwise
reset the Archive attribute.) This may solve your problem.
Regards,

Paul Ambos
pambos@xxxxxxxx