Re: DOS help wanted

>how to make a "boot disk"

Stick a new diskette in A: and type

  format /s a:
  copy c:\config.sys a:

Using a text editor or of course XyWrite, open a:\config.sys and make sure
that every driver it loads has a pathname preceded by "c:\". I mean, for
example, if you now have

 device=win\himem.sys

then change this to

 device=c:\win\himem.sys

Again using a text editor or XyWrite, create a file on A:\ called
autoexec.bat that has the following two lines

 c:
 autoexec

There are different kinds of boot disks, of course. This one assumes that
nothing is wrong with your computer (and that you have no reason to eschew
any driver, etc.) other than its unwillingness to boot from C:.

(Ahem. This really isn't "guru" material. [If it were, I wouldn't be able
to answer it.] Isn't it written in any of hundreds of books on DOS, and in
any of hundreds of web pages?)

Peter Evans