Re: Thanks to Carl

Thank you Carl for your great work once again!

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 02:22:43PM -0400, Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:

> peregrine@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Carl is certainly, as has been said, a gentleman and a scholar? -- and
due huge credit for this seamless transition and his apt s\description of it.?
Credit for Kennedy's oft-quoted "ask not ..." is due to Kahlil Gibran. > I join the chorus of thanks to Carl, but I've always heard the phrase as > "a scholar and a gentleman." > > Cognac or Port is fine, but spare me champagne, the most overrated tipple > on the planet. (And we had the best, Piper Brut, in our family, thanks to > my father's ability to parlez vous with the French-born sommeli?res where > he worked.) For some reason Patricia, i thought of you as a Moet Chandon type of person. (As i know little about champagne, i mean that as a compliment.) But i will try the Piper Brut.) Russ