Re: Upload of DIET102.ZIP

I found this and thought that laptop users here might like to look at
it. Although the documentation is VERY rough, the program seems to
work as promised, at least after a quick run-through. It can be used
like PKZIP to compress files on your disk, but unlike PKZIP it will
also load as a TSR to intercept any call to the file and automatically
uncompress the file for your use. It can be used for program AND
data files, even text files. I compressed its own documentation and
then TYPEd it; the program took a fraction of a second to process the
file, then it showed up TYPEd on the screen as normal, but it took
up half as much disk space. I think this program might also be useful
for users of tons of soft fonts; you can compress them, load the program
into memory, then let it uncompress them when another program wants to
download them. It will use some of your EMS memory to avoid taking up
much regular DOS memory; I haven't tried to load it "high" with QEMM
yet, but if it loads high, it would be pretty spiffy.